E-mail List Archives
Re: Skip nav links on mobile
From: Swift, Daniel P.
Date: Oct 30, 2019 11:45AM
- Next message: Carly Gerard: "Re: Skip nav links on mobile"
- Previous message: Greg Jellin: "Skip nav links on mobile"
- Next message in Thread: Carly Gerard: "Re: Skip nav links on mobile"
- Previous message in Thread: Greg Jellin: "Skip nav links on mobile"
- View all messages in this Thread
I think you are referring to a 'skip to content' link ... ? I think it might be advantageous to keep the link assuming that there is a fair amount of fluff at the top of the page.
Senior Web Specialist
University Communications and Marketing
West Chester University
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Greg Jellin
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:41 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] Skip nav links on mobile
Something that has recently occurred to me and I'm interested in hearing opinions;
Situation: The desktop version of a site has top navigation, but the mobile version of the site collapses the top nav into a hamburger menu.
Question: The desktop version should have a skip nav, but should the skip nav be removed (hidden) from mobile versions of the site since the top nav of the mobile version is collapsed and thus requires only one swipe to bypass? Furthermore I find skip links problematic on mobile, particularly iOS/VO.