E-mail List Archives
Re: Skip nav links on mobile
Date: Oct 31, 2019 9:44AM
- Next message: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: Skip nav links on mobile"
- Previous message: Google: "Critical security alert"
- Next message in Thread: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: Skip nav links on mobile"
- Previous message in Thread: Jonathan Avila: "Re: Skip nav links on mobile"
- View all messages in this Thread
Do we still need the caveat of "the skip link must be visible on mobile" as well?
I'm thinking about this https://axesslab.com/skip-links/ where the issue basically seems to only be caused by the usual technique we use of hiding skip links until someone Tabs to them-- however there's no rule that skip links have to be hidden.
The tabindex thing for the destination is already being used by many to get around a still-existing IE11 bug as well as any ancient blinks and current webkits which still don't entirely do the "move focus" thing correctly, but apparently this doesn't fix all mobile platforms.