E-mail List Archives
Tagging Form Fields in PDF?
From: Joseph Sherman
Date: Jan 22, 2020 12:16PM
- Next message: Duff Johnson: "Re: Tagging Form Fields in PDF?"
- Previous message: Shannon Urban: "VoiceOver getting 'stuck'"
- Next message in Thread: Duff Johnson: "Re: Tagging Form Fields in PDF?"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
Hi all. I have a question from one of my colleagues I could not answer. What is the practical impact of not tagging form fields? I know it must be done for the specifications and the error checkers, and how to do it. I always take the time to tag them, but we have forms where everything is tagged properly except the form fields.
Without tagging the form fields it works perfectly with the keyboard and in JAWS and NVDA, both with the Tab and Arrow keys. I can even bring up a list of form controls in JAWS.
What benefit does the user get from spending time tagging a hundred form fields? I need to give a better answer than "It's the specification".