E-mail List Archives
Re: Query on the MAC voice over
From: Ashwin Kumar V
Date: Jan 27, 2020 9:13PM
- Next message: allyssa jessicon: "Yahoo mail accessibility"
- Previous message: Ashwin Kumar V: "Re: Single switch devices"
- Next message in Thread: Jonathan Cohn: "Re: Query on the MAC voice over"
- Previous message in Thread: suman damera: "Query on the MAC voice over"
- View all messages in this Thread
I am using Mac desktop with latest OS. I don't see any problem in selecting
items in the list I can do that using up and down arrow.
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 at 11:27 AM, suman damera < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> Hello all,
> i am kind of new to MAC and voice over(safari) testing. while performing
> accessibility testing, i have got the below query
> The options in the type ahead(typeahead is custom list with input
> textbox) are not exposed to the voice over users while up and down arrow
> keys are used. However, keyboard focus moves from one option to other
> option while up and down arrow keys are used. Except voice over on MAC, all
> the screen readers are exposing those options during arrow key navigation.
> What could be the problem here why voice over on mac is not exposing those
> options during arrow key navigation? To see the working example, open the
> below Microsoft URL, navigate to the search button, , activate the search
> element, type any character, and then use arrow keys
> Looking forward for your response.
> > > > >
Ashwin Kumar V.
Certified Web Accessibility Specialist