E-mail List Archives
Re: Irregular Table Accessibility
From: glen walker
Date: Jul 30, 2020 12:18PM
- Next message: Laurie Kamrowski: "Citing alt-text sources?"
- Previous message: Radhika Takyar: "Irregular Table Accessibility"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Radhika Takyar: "Irregular Table Accessibility"
- View all messages in this Thread
In the example, do the sizes (1x, 2x) overlap in the chest and shoulder
dimensions? That seems odd.
You can create the table as pictured, you just need more columns that would
be grouped together. That is, the chest/should cell would actually be four
cells/columns with colspan="4". Then the 1x, 2x, 3x would be colspan="3".
But if 1x,2x is the column header, then you'd have a weird screen reader
issue for reading the column heading for chest. Should it say 1x or 2x?
Or for that matter, the table is confusing for sighted users too so the
experience would be equally confusing for all users. I suppose that's an
equal experience for everyone.
Perhaps a few more details about your actual scenario would be helpful.
On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 12:10 PM Radhika Takyar < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
> Hi everyone- Need guidance for irregular table show below in the image.
> How can we make these kind of tables.
> Radhika> > > >