E-mail List Archives
Tables spanning pages
From: Joseph Krack
Date: Oct 30, 2020 10:31AM
- Next message: Philip Kiff: "Re: Tables spanning pages"
- Previous message: Marissa Sapega: "New November Webinars from TPG"
- Next message in Thread: Philip Kiff: "Re: Tables spanning pages"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
We have a question within our group about the appropriate way to tag
tables in PDF which span multiple tables.
If one table in Word spans multiple pages, it will appear as multiple
Tables in the PDF tag tree when converted.Â We have one table in
particular that spans three pages and so is split into three Tables in
Some of our group believes the TR tags should all be combined back into
one table in the tag tree (artifact the additional THead/TRs and then
delete).Â This keeps the number of tables in the document consistent
with the original document.
Some others like the fact that the table is split as they believe it is
easier to manage for persons who use screen readers.
Is there guidance from WCAG on this topic?Â What would be the best way
to handle this?