E-mail List Archives
Re: can you make a native <select>/<option> honor the LANG attribute?
From: glen walker
Date: Dec 17, 2020 2:09PM
- Next message: Steve Green: "Re: can you make a native
- Previous message: Steve Green: "Re: can you make a native
- Next message in Thread: Steve Green: "Re: can you make a native
- Previous message in Thread: Steve Green: "Re: can you make a native
- View all messages in this Thread
Thanks, Steve, but doesn't each item in the dropdown list need its own
language since each represents a different language? It sounds like you
put LANG on the <select> itself, which can only have one language and is
the container for all the language choices. It's interesting that arrowing
up/down through the list when its collapsed will honor the language but
that would just be for the LANG on the <select>, right? Or did you put the
LANG on all the <option> elements? (I could probably just try it instead
of asking :-)).
On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 2:04 PM Steve Green < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
> There is another curious twist. If you put a "lang" attribute on the
> <select> element, JAWS ignores it if you press the spacebar to open the
> list of options and arrow through them. However, if you go into forms mode
> and arrow through the options while the list is closed, JAWS does honour
> the "lang" attribute.