E-mail List Archives
Re: when is a list not a list?
From: Patrick H. Lauke
Date: Feb 26, 2022 9:23AM
- Next message: Aditya: "Re: when is a list not a list?"
- Previous message: glen walker: "Re: when is a list not a list?"
- Next message in Thread: Aditya: "Re: when is a list not a list?"
- Previous message in Thread: glen walker: "Re: when is a list not a list?"
- View all messages in this Thread
On 26/02/2022 15:10, glen walker wrote:
> I guess I was in a philosophical mood and was questioning why something
> that was coded according to normative spec and that appears to create a
> correct AOM doesn't work. Not sure why I picked on this particular case.
> There are lots of examples of correct (normative) code that are not
> announced properly by AT.
Because of the usual bane of AT heuristics (i.e. if the AT determined
that no, despite the aria-label there that list item has no content at
all, and as a result the entire list is empty as far as the AT is
concerned, there's no point now announcing "list with zero items" but
just silently skipping it altogether)
Patrick H. Lauke
https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux
twitter: @patrick_h_lauke | skype: patrick_h_lauke