E-mail List Archives
Smart search assistants
From: Don Mauck
Date: Jul 14, 2022 11:31AM
- Next message: Barry: "Re: Smart search assistants"
- Previous message: allyssa jessicon: "Re: WCAG 3.3.2 vs 3.3.3"
- Next message in Thread: Barry: "Re: Smart search assistants"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
I'd like some opinions on what the expectations would be from other screen reader users on the following.
In a search area, as you type results they appear under the search area, this changes as each letter is typed.
What do other users expect, do you want to hear the number of results each time you type a letter? For me that's too much yet, I do expect to hear the final number of results.
Should there be some way to control how fast the announcement of results are spoken?
I know that every screen reader user has a different feeling about how verbose things ought to be, yet the user also needs to know that results change constantly, thus my dilemma.