E-mail List Archives
Links open in new tab / window
From: Sumit Patel
Date: Oct 3, 2022 1:06PM
- Next message: glen walker: "Re: Links open in new tab / window"
- Previous message: Birkir R. Gunnarsson: "Re: underlining links"
- Next message in Thread: glen walker: "Re: Links open in new tab / window"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
We would always come across links which open in new tab / window in a webpages.
If there is visual clue to indicate it and no alternative for screen
readers, yes it is a violation of 1.1.1 Non-text content. But, what if
there is no visual indication ?
Still do we need to fail it and ask for both visual and alternative
that it opens in new tab / window ?
or a best practice ?
And another scenario I have is screen reader is reading clickable for
non-interactive elements. I think this is due to the presence of click
event in the code. Not sure any other reason.
Do we need to fail this ? or best practice
Because I have observed differences when we see it in different screen
readers and again in different browsers.
Thanks in advance