WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: puzzled by Wordpress dite

for

Date: Feb 11, 2023 8:48AM

I have looked at the website using Voiceover on iOS and I never heard it say "insertion a click". Can you be more specific about where you hear this and how you were navigating?

That said, it was a horrible user experience. Not only is the page full of adverts, but when I clicked a link it opened even more adverts over the top, filling the whole screen. If I could not see the screen I would have had no idea what was happening. Even though I could see what was happening I could not work out what to do about it so I had to refresh the page to make the adverts go away.

Steve Green
Managing Director
Test Partners Ltd

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of <EMAIL REMOVED>
Sent: 10 February 2023 18:45
To: 'WebAIM Discussion List' < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] puzzled by Wordpress dite

Hi All,
I have recently started following the news stories at https://www.universetoday.com/. It runs on Wordpress.
I have had good luck reading the stories with Edge and JAWS. However, Reading and navigating the site with iOS Voiceover and Safari is difficult to say the least. I frequently encounter page parts that cause Voiceover to announce "insertion a click". What causes that?
I suspect that a publisher of astronomy news does not expect many blind readers, but I also think he may be willing to try to improve this.

Jeff Gutsell