WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: "Loading NVDA. Please wait."

for

Date: Feb 23, 2023 11:09AM

I just tried and I am unable to get it to say "loading" no matter how I try to start NVDA. I just get the ascending scale when I start NVDA. I tried starting it with the shortcut, using the keyboard shortcut (which should be the same thing), starting up NVDA with the run dialog, and using the start menu.

I am using the latest version if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Tim
-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Andrews, David B (DEED) via WebAIM-Forum
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2023 11:23 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Cc: Andrews, David B (DEED) < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] "Loading NVDA. Please wait."

No, after I hear the notes, it seems to be loaded.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of glen walker
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2023 11:25 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] "Loading NVDA. Please wait."

This message may be from an external email source.
Do not select links or open attachments unless verified. Report all suspicious emails to Minnesota IT Services Security Operations Center.

Yes, I get the piano tunes when loading. After the piano tunes is when I hear "loading". You didn't mention hearing that so I'm guessing some people don't get the "loading" message?

I used to hear "taskbar" after a few seconds, sort of indicating it was done loading, but I haven't heard that for a long time now. Perhaps the version changed or maybe it depends how you start it, the hotkey versus the Windows start menu. Sometimes I start with the speech viewer automatically opened and sometimes I don't but I haven't noticed if that affects hearing "taskbar".