WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Questions about accessibility

for

Date: Mar 1, 2023 9:29AM

I think it is great that you are plunging into accessibility. I was in that boat about 13 years ago. Following this list and reading the articles at webaim.org were a good start
Personally, I think you first should concentrate on learning to use HTML appropriately.

Jeff Gutsell

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Kristoffer Baumgarten
Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2023 9:41 AM
To: Steve Green < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Cc: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Questions about accessibility

Thank you so much for your reply!

Sorry, I should have given some more background to my questions.
I am a University student for DTU working on my final project cooperating with Boozt.
My project is about how to accommodate EAA in iOS applications.

As student software developer I am unfamiliar with the finer details of the law regarding accessibility and I am hoping that I can use your feedback to increase my understanding.

Since Boozt application is so large, I had to find one area of the app that I can use for my project. Which is also the reason some of my questions might be really specific.
I would like to make a statement that our application would be better for the user with scaling font and symbols, and maybe informative images for products.
And It is always easier to convince with the law 😊.

I am just starting my project, so I am still trying to discover what a blind or weakly sighted user would prefer in the app.
And in the upcoming weeks I have made plans with blind people for user testing, hoping to gain more knowledge of how to be a better accessibility developer in the future.

The place of the app I am working on, is their detail page of one product (image underneath)