E-mail List Archives
Re: Increasing alt tag size
From: Paul Bohman
Date: Oct 18, 2001 5:01PM
- Next message: Andrew Kirkpatrick: "Re: Streaming Video"
- Previous message: Prof Norm Coombs: "Re: Streaming Video"
- Next message in Thread: Susan Bale: "Increasing alt tag size"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
You can't do anything to control the alt text size.
There are software programs available, however, which will enlarge
everything on the screen (including alt text). ZoomText is an example
(www.aisquared.com). There is also a utility in Windows that will allow you
to enlarge a portion of the screen. Everything inside of this portion will
be enlarged, including alt text. There is nothing in the HTML specifications
which grants developers the ability to control the size of the alt text,
WebAIM (Web Accessibility in Mind)
Utah State University
When I increase the text viewing size in Internet Explorer or
Netscape, the alt text does not increase accordingly. This could
render the alt text useless for people who read large print. Is there
a way to adjust the alt size - either as a viewer or web author?
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or view list archives,