E-mail List Archives
Re: breadcrumb navigation
Date: Nov 29, 2004 7:29AM
- Next message: Jon Gunderson: "Re: Image maps and JAWS"
- Previous message: Chris Heilmann: "Image maps and JAWS"
- Next message in Thread: Patrick Lauke: "Re: breadcrumb navigation"
- Previous message in Thread: Patrick Lauke: "Re: breadcrumb navigation"
- View all messages in this Thread
> -----Original Message-----
> From: p.h.lauke [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ]
> In print, the layout *is* the structure, as it's a purely
> visual medium. In HTML we do distinguish between the markup
> structure and the visual presentation.
In the context of this discussion HTML is a purley visual medium.
Electronic text markup (for print-processing) I believe to be much older than
HTML, and it in turn evolved from freehand anotations, so even if I only
minimal intelligence I have to assume that you are being deliberatly evasive
My point was that the framing of a text block, in any medium, is as important
as the content itself. Most treatises will talk about the power of
white-space, but in fact borders and the like are merely special versions of
Deriding these as unimportant is na