E-mail List Archives
Speaking of "Skip to" links
From: Seth Rothberg
Date: Dec 13, 2004 11:27AM
- Next message: Jim Thatcher: "Re: Speaking of "Skip to" links"
- Previous message: Dagmar Noll: "Re: Rethinking "Skip to Content""
- Next message in Thread: Jim Thatcher: "Re: Speaking of "Skip to" links"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
I'm working on a site template that has a "skip to" link that's acting
funny when my friend tests it in JAWS 4.5. The problem is that when she
chooses the "Skip Menu" link it takes here to the area right around the
target, not the target itself. I'd appreciate it if some folks would
take a look at my code and/or report their experience with the page in
The link comes up early on page and is called "Skip Menu." It's
supposed to take you to an header which contains the text "What's
New". Is there something I've done wrong in the code (I hope so) or is
this something that JAWS is doing on its own?
The page is: http://www.joneslibrary.org/newbanner13.html