E-mail List Archives
From: Seth Rothberg
Date: Dec 15, 2004 4:13PM
- Next message: Seth Rothberg: "Re: Tabindexes"
- Previous message: Andrew Arch: "Re: Tabindexes"
- Next message in Thread: Seth Rothberg: "Re: Tabindexes"
- Previous message in Thread: Andrew Arch: "Re: Tabindexes"
- View all messages in this Thread
On Dec 15, 2004, at 5:54 PM, andrew.arch85 wrote:
> The other thing I noticed was the disappearance of the tab focus as I
> through the menu - is this due to drop-down menus that are not dropped
> on tabbing? This was also quite confusing. Best practice (IMHO) is not
> provide keyboard/tab access to the expanded menu, but to allow keyboard
> users to just access the top level and then go to an intermediate page
> the dropdown choices clearly visible. On analysis I found 55 links on
> page, but far less that I could see where I was going to. This meant
> "About Us" was link 27 on the page, rather than link 9 - very annoying
Thanks for the input. So all the submenu links should have tab indexes
of -1? That's an excellent idea!