E-mail List Archives
RE: Skip navigation coding
From: Patrick Lauke
Date: Aug 18, 2005 5:00AM
- Next message: Tim Beadle: "Re: Skip navigation coding"
- Previous message: Penny Roberts: "Re: Skip navigation coding"
- Next message in Thread: Tim Beadle: "Re: Skip navigation coding"
- Previous message in Thread: Penny Roberts: "Re: Skip navigation coding"
- View all messages in this Thread
> Penny Roberts
> > <div id="menu">
> > <a href="#menu" class="rm">skip to navigation</a>
> > <span class="rm"> | </span>
> I think that the link skips TO navigation rather than
> skipping over it (if
> you see what I mean). Try it on that page and you will see
> that using the
> "skip to navigation" link takes the focus to the top of the
> left hand menu.
But the way it was coded above meant that the link was pointing
to #menu, just before the link itself, thus creating a loop.
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
Web Standards Project (WaSP) Accessibility Task Force