E-mail List Archives
RE: Multiple selections in <select> using keyboard
From: Patrick Lauke
Date: Jan 31, 2006 8:30AM
- Next message: marvin hunkin: "forms help please"
- Previous message: Christian Heilmann: "Re: Multiple selections in
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Christian Heilmann: "Re: Multiple selections in
- View all messages in this Thread
> Tim Harshbarger
> Yes, use Shift+F8. After you press Shift+F8, you can use the up and
> down arrows to move through the items and use the spacebar to select
> individual items.
Right...I give up. Who the heck at Microsoft thought "oh, I know...that's a logical way to handle this via keyboard".
Rather than sway me, the fact that this is such an illogical, cryptic way to go about it even further reinforces my conviction that this type of control should not be used. How's about a list of chekboxes in an overflow:auto fieldset with set height in ems? ;)
Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor / University of Salford
Web Standards Project (WaSP) Accessibility Task Force