E-mail List Archives
RE: Screen-reader updates
Date: Feb 21, 2006 9:30AM
- Next message: Karl Groves: "RE: VPAT E-learning"
- Previous message: Austin, Darrel: "RE: Screen-reader updates"
- Next message in Thread: Derek Featherstone: "Re: Screen-reader updates"
- Previous message in Thread: Austin, Darrel: "RE: Screen-reader updates"
- View all messages in this Thread
Darrell Austin wrote:
"Joe, correct me if I am wrong, but I think Joe's point was that there are several OTHER (free!) screen readers out there other than the overpriced JAWS."
Certainly there are, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but Joe's reply was in direct response to a comment made about Jaws. Joe further went on to say:
"Some significant screen-reader upgrades are in fact free."
Joe's comments suggest that he was referring to screen readers other than the free ones. Surely *all* upgrades for free screen readers are free, not just *"some significant" ones?
Of course, only Joe can confirm his original point, so let's not get bogged down in this. *Smile.