WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

RE: how to create accessibility test cases?

for

Date: Jul 19, 2006 8:00AM

In addition to running through the general accessibility checklists, 508 and/or WCAG, I recommend developing use/case scenarios and testing those through all of the platforms where the application is intended to run. This should include using a variety of assistive technologies. For internal applications here at DARS we have a closed set of assistive technologies that are standard throughout the agency, but for external applications things get a bit trickier. Typical platforms should include screen readers, screen magnifiers (the issues are different with the two), keyboard only operation without a screen reader, and speech to text interfaces.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Shrirang Sahasrabudhe
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:35 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] how to create accessibility test cases?

Hi,
I have created a small web application and now would like to test it for accessibility.
Normally for functional testing I create test cases according to functionality of the app.
But in case of accessibility how should the test cases be?
Any pointers would be appreciated
Thanks
Shri
wi with your guidance so far

Jon Gunderson < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote: I would recommend using CSS aboslute positioning and position
the label off screen. Screen readers are more more honoring
"display: none" and "visibility: hiddeen" so this may cause problems in the future or with other screen readers.

Suggested markup:

This will render the label off screen, but it still technically visible, even though a graphical browser rendering will not render it.

Jon

---- Original message ----
>Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:21:31 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Shrirang Sahasrabudhe
>Subject: [WebAIM] want to know/understand the impact due to
usage of hidden labels.
>To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
>
>Hi,
> I have created a form with a specific layout..
> every form field is put inside a table having 1 row and 3
columns.
> The first column contains the label,
> the second column contains