E-mail List Archives
Re: Question for the WebAIM group
From: Joyce Kennedy
Date: Sep 5, 2000 10:18PM
- Next message: Jeff Isom: "Spliced Images"
- Previous message: Shane Anderson: "Cookies"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Paul Bohman: "Re: Question for the WebAIM group"
- View all messages in this Thread
Our University has standardized on CourseInfo, but we have one
professor who is bucking the standard and using WebCT. I believe
his overwhelming issue with CourseInfo is on-line testing. Using
WebCT, he generates tests in random order. For example, he may
create a pool of 100 questions, only 50 of which any one student
would get and those in random order (ie. so even if 2 students got
mostly the same questions, they would not be in the same order).
I believe it makes it nearly impossible to cheat with any efficiency.
Email me privately, Cyndi, if you want to do this, but cannot figure
out how to, and I will forward your question to one of my co-workers
who works with the professor to actually put his tests on-line.