WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: screen reader open source?

for

Date: Nov 20, 2006 3:50PM

Thank you everyone for info regarding open source screen readers. The issues that I run into is due to the following situation. The computers I am setting up with assistive technology needs to be for the computers that I can get. Basically meaning that i refurbish and setup the computers per whatever OS and system hardware is donated. Rarely are new systems or hardware within my reach. I am able to do grant writing for specific projects I work on, but i need to be able to 'give' these computers out free with no strings attached and make sure that no one encounters a need for troubleshooting after these computers are in the individuals homes (which can be within WI or Illinois). I also have to make sure the technology works for the individual specifically and teach them whatever is viable for each individual situation. So if anyone has any suggestions in regard to these issues please feel free to email me either in the WebAIM list or independently. I welcome any feedback or
suggestions.
Thanks again,
js (josephine)

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new house payment