WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Focus problem

for

Number of posts in this thread: 2 (In chronological order)

Date: Thu, Feb 02 2006 3:45AM
Subject: Focus problem
No previous message | Next message →

Hi All,

I am encountering a strange problem with my form. It goes as, On a form, when I select 'Submit' button, a dialog box appears, which prompts me to provide data for the 'First name' field(first name is the mandatory field). I select 'Ok' button to close the dialog box. But with JAWS focus does not move to the 'First name' field, it stays on the 'Submit' button only.

However visually the cursor moves to the 'First name' field. When the same form is tested with Window-eyes, the focus moves correctly to the 'First name' field in question.

I am using JAWS 7.0 and WINDOW-EYES 5.5 and Internet Explorer 6.0 for testing

Regards,
Priti Rohra
Accessibility Tester
Net Systems Informatics (I) Pvt. Ltd.
India
Tel: 91-22-26860485/6 extn: 28
E-mail: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Url: www.n-syst.com

Date: Thu, Feb 02 2006 11:00PM
Subject: Focus problem
← Previous message | No next message

Hi All,

I am encountering a strange problem with my form. It goes as, On a form, when I select 'Submit' button, a dialog box appears, which prompts me to provide data for the 'First name' field(first name is the mandatory field). I select 'Ok' button to close the dialog box. But with JAWS focus does not move to the 'First name' field, it stays on the 'Submit' button only.

However visually the cursor moves to the 'First name' field. When the same form is tested with Window-eyes, the focus moves correctly to the 'First name' field in question.

I am using JAWS 7.0 and WINDOW-EYES 5.5 and Internet Explorer 6.0 for testing

Regards,
Priti Rohra
Accessibility Tester
Net Systems Informatics (I) Pvt. Ltd.
India
Tel: 91-22-26860485/6 extn: 28
E-mail: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Url: www.n-syst.com