E-mail List Archives
Thread: Web Accessibility Sepcialist Position at UIUC
Number of posts in this thread: 1 (In chronological order)
From: Jon Gunderson
Date: Wed, Oct 10 2007 3:50PM
Subject: Web Accessibility Sepcialist Position at UIUC
No previous message | No next message
The following Web Accessibility position is available at the University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign. Please consider this position and share with other people you think may be interested.
More information at:
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Customizes or recodes software and web interfaces to improve functional accessibility;
* Works with CITES developers from the initial planning stages of new applications to incorporate accessibility and user-centered design;
* Educates developers and service managers about accessible design and best practices;
* Contributes to annual Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) report on web accessibility regarding improvements in CITES services;
* Works with Documentation Group manager to develop metrics of success for projects;
* Stays abreast of new accessibility technologies and standards;
* Shares knowledge with colleagues in CITES, DRES, and the library.
Jon Gunderson, Ph.D.
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology (DRES)