WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Looking for resources on javascript

for

Number of posts in this thread: 5 (In chronological order)

Date: Mon, Jan 29 2018 11:02PM
Subject: Looking for resources on javascript
No previous message | Next message →

Hello everyone, Greetings!

I am a Accessibility enthusiast continued working in this space almost 4
years. I would like to shift myself to the next level by learning
javascript in fact accessible javascript so that I can be more interactive
in my work. As a prerequisites I have knowledge on HTML and ARIA. I am very
sure that I can get some great resources to start with accessible
javascript from this expert hub. Can someone guide me in this aspect.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

Date: Tue, Jan 30 2018 1:26AM
Subject: Re: Looking for resources on JavaScript
← Previous message | Next message →

Have you worked with Object Oriented Programming using any languages? If not, I'd suggest https://www.w3schools.com/.

They will walk you through JavaScript step-by-step and explain all that you find in books. You can also dive into JQuery and other frameworks if you'd like.
-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Vemaarapu Venkatesh
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:02 AM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [WebAIM] Looking for resources on javascript

I am a Accessibility enthusiast continued working in this space almost 4 years. I would like to shift myself to the next level by learning javascript in fact accessible javascript so that I can be more interactive in my work. As a prerequisites I have knowledge on HTML and ARIA. I am very sure that I can get some great resources to start with accessible javascript from this expert hub. Can someone guide me in this aspect.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

Date: Tue, Jan 30 2018 12:56PM
Subject: Re: Looking for resources on javascript

You might want to look at SitePoint and some of their javascript books. Javascript: Novice to Ninja is a pretty good book that should give you a good introduction into javascript.
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Vemaarapu Venkatesh

I am a Accessibility enthusiast continued working in this space almost 4
years. I would like to shift myself to the next level by learning
javascript in fact accessible javascript so that I can be more interactive
in my work. As a prerequisites I have knowledge on HTML and ARIA. I am very
sure that I can get some great resources to start with accessible
javascript from this expert hub. Can someone guide me in this aspect.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

Date: Tue, Jan 30 2018 1:03PM

A book that really helped me on my journey is Douglas Crockford's "JavaScript: The Good Parts". It helps to get you started on the right foot and understand some of the intricacies of the language, its history, which things to avoid, and which things to embrace; I highly recommend it.

Nick

From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Tim Harshbarger
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:56 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Looking for resources on javascript

You might want to look at SitePoint and some of their javascript books. Javascript: Novice to Ninja is a pretty good book that should give you a good introduction into javascript.

I am a Accessibility enthusiast continued working in this space almost 4 years. I would like to shift myself to the next level by learning javascript in fact accessible javascript so that I can be more interactive in my work. As a prerequisites I have knowledge on HTML and ARIA. I am very sure that I can get some great resources to start with accessible javascript from this expert hub. Can someone guide me in this aspect.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

Date: Tue, Jan 30 2018 1:20PM
← Previous message | No next message

Lynda.com?

From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Tim Harshbarger
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 11:56 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Looking for resources on javascript

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Venkatesh