E-mail List Archives
Re: Gmail and accessibility
From: Patrick H. Lauke
Date: Sep 17, 2007 1:50PM
- Next message: Peter Krantz: "Re: Gmail and accessibility"
- Previous message: Sean Keegan: "Re: Gmail and accessibility"
- Next message in Thread: Peter Krantz: "Re: Gmail and accessibility"
- Previous message in Thread: Sean Keegan: "Re: Gmail and accessibility"
- View all messages in this Thread
Sean Keegan wrote:
> I attended a presentation at Google recently where they announced their
> Google Apps for Education and raised the question of accessibility of their
> apps, including Gmail. The engineers stated that they had completed an
> accessibility review of the Google Apps, however, they would neither confirm
> nor deny any information regarding the report. They did agree that there
> were accessibility issues. If your institution is looking at Gmail, you may
> want to consider building into the agreement a copy of the review itself.
So, if the review shows that there are serious gaps in the accessibility
of the google apps, what next? Unless I'm missing something, at this
stage it's just a review, not a plan to rectify any issues that bubbled
to the surface.
Patrick H. Lauke