E-mail List Archives
Re: BrowseAloud redux
From: Patrick Lauke
Date: Feb 14, 2008 6:50AM
- Next message: firstname.lastname@example.org: "Re: BrowseAloud redux"
- Previous message: Laura Carlson: "BrowseAloud redux"
- Next message in Thread: email@example.com: "Re: BrowseAloud redux"
- Previous message in Thread: Laura Carlson: "BrowseAloud redux"
- View all messages in this Thread
> Laura Carlson
> Some folks on our campus are have recently been contacted by the
> marketing department for BrowseAloud  and are interested
> in it. I'm
> trying to gather further information on cost/benefits.
> I searched the WebAIM achieves and found the "Speech enabling
> thread  from a couple of years ago.
> What is your current advise?
I don't particularly like the BrowseAloud model...the plugin works on any site, but it checks against a whitelist of urls (of sites that have paid for the service) to see whether or not it should run. It would be far more useful for end users if it ran on every site by default...but then the company's business model would crumble...