E-mail List Archives
Re: ins and del
From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis
Date: Sep 20, 2008 7:40AM
- Next message: Joshue O Connor: "Re: Screen readers and Arabic"
- Previous message: Stéphane Deschamps: "Re: ins and del"
- Next message in Thread: firstname.lastname@example.org: "Re: ins and del"
- Previous message in Thread: Stéphane Deschamps: "Re: ins and del"
- View all messages in this Thread
Moore, Michael wrote:
> We want to identify an accessible method for indicating insertions and
> deletions within legal documents and policy documents that are
> undergoing revision. These documents are published in html.
How about pages for showing individual versions and diffs between
revisions, as with Wikipedia article history?
> The <ins> and <del> elements provide semantic support but JAWS ignores
JAWS ignores the elements themselves. However, it can be configured to
differentiate struckthrough and underlined text using Speech and Sounds
Manager. There's some discussion of this here: