E-mail List Archives
Date: Mar 23, 2009 10:55AM
- Next message: Patrick Burke: "Re: JAWS Accordion test"
- Previous message: Randall Pope: "Re: JAWS Accordion test"
- Next message in Thread: John E. Brandt: "Re: Captia/security boxes"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
I'm sure you're familiar with those stupid captia boxes, where you
must type the letters you see to prove you'r not a spammer. Most have
a "listen to this" option but I haven't even figured those out. I
tried to sign up for a twitter and could not get past their listen
option. It says to type the 2 words, but it gives me an entire phrase
when I listen. Does anyone know a work around?
Also, I've heard of some sites simply asking a question like, what
color is grass? If I were to write to sites that have these
inaccessible or confusing captias, might I suggest an alternative? Are
the open to that sort of thing? I had a sighted friend help set up
Facebook, and they have an option to reply to a text message to
eliminate further captias. This is great, but I needed a sighted
person to help set it up.
I'd like to get a twitter to see what all the fuss is about, but I'm stuck.
I'm not disabled, my eyes are. ;)