E-mail List Archives
Re: alternate captcha ideas?
From: Carin Headrick
Date: Nov 21, 2009 10:20AM
- Next message: Simius Puer: "Re: alternate captcha ideas?"
- Previous message: Simius Puer: "Re: alternate captcha ideas?"
- Next message in Thread: Simius Puer: "Re: alternate captcha ideas?"
- Previous message in Thread: Simius Puer: "Re: alternate captcha ideas?"
- View all messages in this Thread
Sweet! Looks like I have some reading to do. I'm just getting to know all the goodness that resides on your site, so sorry for bringing up an old topic.
----- Original Message -----
From: Simius Puer
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] alternate captcha ideas?
All CAPTCHA solutions have problems regarding accessibility and this has
been discussed on various threads of this forum:
http://www.webaim.org/discussion/mail_thread.php?thread=3061 (and probably
and there are good solutions on the main site:
...this spells out real alternatives to CAPTCHA - ones that meet both
usability and accessibility requirements, not to mention business
requirements of security and a low form-abandonment rate.
CAPTCHA does have it's place, but there are much better solutions that don't
put any burden on the user whilst maintaining security.