E-mail List Archives
Re: alternate captcha ideas?
From: Simius Puer
Date: Nov 21, 2009 10:00AM
- Next message: Carin Headrick: "Re: alternate captcha ideas?"
- Previous message: Carin Headrick: "alternate captcha ideas?"
- Next message in Thread: Carin Headrick: "Re: alternate captcha ideas?"
- Previous message in Thread: Carin Headrick: "alternate captcha ideas?"
- View all messages in this Thread
All CAPTCHA solutions have problems regarding accessibility and this has
been discussed on various threads of this forum:
http://www.webaim.org/discussion/mail_thread.php?thread=3061 (and probably
and there are good solutions on the main site:
...this spells out real alternatives to CAPTCHA - ones that meet both
usability and accessibility requirements, not to mention business
requirements of security and a low form-abandonment rate.
CAPTCHA does have it's place, but there are much better solutions that don't
put any burden on the user whilst maintaining security.