E-mail List Archives
Re: Al text
Date: Feb 23, 2010 2:03PM
- Next message: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Al text"
- Previous message: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Al text"
- Next message in Thread: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Al text"
- Previous message in Thread: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Al text"
- View all messages in this Thread
the problem is that screen readers read all of the garbage codes when that
format is used.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Geof Collis" < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
To: "WebAIM Discussion List" < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:17 AM
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Al text
> Thanks Andrew, there argument was to fool checkers, but I dont like
> that idea, the checkers I use ask if you've deliberately left it null
> so to me it wouldn't be an acceptable practice.
> At 09:08 AM 2/23/2010, you wrote:
>>Looks like a subtle way to get round failures on automated accessibility
>>Can't see it doing any harm, but there is no need for it either...just
>>superfluous code as null alt tags can just be alt=""