E-mail List Archives
Re: Al text
From: Jukka K. Korpela
Date: Feb 23, 2010 2:18PM
- Next message: Geof Collis: "Re: Al text"
- Previous message: firstname.lastname@example.org: "Re: Al text"
- Next message in Thread: Geof Collis: "Re: Al text"
- Previous message in Thread: email@example.com: "Re: Al text"
- View all messages in this Thread
<EMAIL REMOVED> wrote:
> the problem is that screen readers read all of the garbage codes when
> that format is used.
Which screen readers? Which "garbage codes"? What "format"? The entity
reference is just a notation that denotes the no-break space
character " ". If your screen reader doesn't grok it, then it needs to be
fixed. The no-break space character has been used on web pages since the
early days, and if your software chokes on it, it might well choke on "!" as
well. Should we therefore stop using exclamation marks?