E-mail List Archives
Use of Headings
From: Langum, Michael J
Date: Jul 27, 2010 10:12AM
- Next message: Duff Johnson: "Re: Use of Headings"
- Previous message: Christophe Strobbe: "Re: Wai Aria how useful?"
- Next message in Thread: Duff Johnson: "Re: Use of Headings"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
Does the use of table structures for layout trouble screen reader users?
We have an author who is really fond of using layout tables to provide a visual structure to her documents. She writes in Word, and then we convert to PDF for publication on our website. I have attached an extracted sample page.
I'm seeking advice on the best way to work with the Acrobat tag tree in this document.
Logically, the tags should be : <h1>, <h2>, followed by several <p> and an <L>. Then another <h2>, followed by several <p> and an <l> tags.
But because she used a layout table, these tags end up nested in various table tags.
Should I modify the physical structure to reflect the logical structure of the document? Or leave the various table tags in the document?