WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: tool to show me what is in focus?


From: Shawn Lawler
Date: Sep 28, 2010 4:03PM

You could drop something like this into your stylesheet.

*:focus {border:1px solid red;}

Or if you don't have direct access to the stylesheet, you could use the
'Edit CSS' feature of Chris Pederick's Web Developer browser extension (
http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/ ) to apply it to any page
you're viewing.


On 9/28/2010 4:32 PM, Amanda Nance wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm testing the accessibility of a web application that needs a lot of work.
> Most of the focusable elements are NOT displaying differently, so I can't
> tell where focus is when testing for keyboard only functionality. Until this
> is fixed, is there a tool I can use to show where the focus is? This would
> allow me to continue testing other aspects of the keyboard functionality
> (e.g., tab order) much more easily.
> Thanks!