E-mail List Archives
Re: Read Hidden Content
From: Vincent Young
Date: Jan 13, 2012 1:00PM
- Next message: Jeff Miller: "Assistive Scanning Keyboard"
- Previous message: Vincent Young: "Read Hidden Content"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Vincent Young: "Read Hidden Content"
- View all messages in this Thread
Added a few more test cases at
#4 makes the most sense to me:
1. Hide content with display:none
2. Add tabindex="-1" to hidden content
3. Add role="alert" to hidden content
4. When link is clicked, focus content div.
Seems to be the most reliable across browsers/at.
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Vincent Young < <EMAIL REMOVED> >wrote:
> There is a link in the middle of the page that when clicked on displays a
> previously hidden content related to accessibility above the link. When
> the link is clicked, it goes away, and there is no way to hide this hidden
> content again. How would you best display this content as easily and
> effectively as possible?
> My 1st inkling:
> 1. The link should be an in-page link to the hidden content (i'm thinking
> actually hidden with display:none as the paragraphs are pretty lengthy)
> 2. Use role=alert.
> My 2nd inkling
> 1. The link should be an in-page link to the hidden content and hide the
> hidden content off the page
> 2. No need for role=alert.
> Example of both:
> 1. Can't not change content or the way things visually appear
> 2. Has to work back to JAWS 11/IE 8
> Thanks in advance.
> WebHipster Interactive, ltd.
> Vincent Young - Principal
> 742 N Sweetzer
> West Hollywood, CA 90069
> p: 614.607.3400
> f: 339-674-3400
> e: <EMAIL REMOVED>
> w: http://www.webhipster.com
WebHipster Interactive, ltd.
Vincent Young - Principal
742 N Sweetzer
West Hollywood, CA 90069
e: <EMAIL REMOVED>