E-mail List Archives
Read Hidden Content
From: Vincent Young
Date: Jan 13, 2012 12:18PM
- Next message: Vincent Young: "Re: Read Hidden Content"
- Previous message: Vincent Young: "Re: ADA IRC?"
- Next message in Thread: Vincent Young: "Re: Read Hidden Content"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
There is a link in the middle of the page that when clicked on displays a
previously hidden content related to accessibility above the link. When
the link is clicked, it goes away, and there is no way to hide this hidden
content again. How would you best display this content as easily and
effectively as possible?
My 1st inkling:
1. The link should be an in-page link to the hidden content (i'm thinking
actually hidden with display:none as the paragraphs are pretty lengthy)
2. Use role=alert.
My 2nd inkling
1. The link should be an in-page link to the hidden content and hide the
hidden content off the page
2. No need for role=alert.
Example of both:
1. Can't not change content or the way things visually appear
2. Has to work back to JAWS 11/IE 8
Thanks in advance.
WebHipster Interactive, ltd.
Vincent Young - Principal
742 N Sweetzer
West Hollywood, CA 90069
e: <EMAIL REMOVED>