E-mail List Archives
Re: empty anchor tags
From: Birkir R. Gunnarsson
Date: Feb 23, 2012 2:42PM
- Next message: Jared Smith: "Re: empty anchor tags"
- Previous message: Angela French: "empty anchor tags"
- Next message in Thread: Jared Smith: "Re: empty anchor tags"
- Previous message in Thread: Angela French: "empty anchor tags"
- View all messages in this Thread
Out of curiosity, what do you use the empty anchor tags for on the website?
May be, if they are purely visual in nature and unnecessary for screen
reader users you could hide them with aria-hidden (see John Foliet's
blogpost from a few days back).
Though it could be argued that hiding website elements from a user
group is a slippery slope of dealing with accessibility issues.
On 2/23/12, Jared Smith < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> Empty links will usually show up in the links list and will be
> navigable by the keyboard, but nothing will be visible or read by a
> screen reader (most simply read "link") when they are navigated to.
> Empty links should most certainly be removed.