E-mail List Archives
Re: PDF size and alternate link?
Date: Feb 28, 2012 1:18AM
- Next message: Kevan Mander: "vBulletin - accessibility"
- Previous message: Priti: "Re: Table of Contents?"
- Next message in Thread: Shawn Bridges: "Re: PDF size and alternate link?"
- Previous message in Thread: Shawn Bridges: "PDF size and alternate link?"
- View all messages in this Thread
PDF link should be provided along with the link text and size information.
You can do this in multiple ways: present as a PDF icon or present in text,
icon is widely accepted.
With regards to link to Adobe Reader, it depends on the number of PDF links
present on the website.
If the website includes links to PDF documents only on a couple of pages you
can provide link to the reader on the web page itself after the PDF links
and if the website includes many PDF links across several pages provide link
to the reader in the help section.
Hope this helps.
Thanks & Regards,
Freelance Accessibility Consultant
From: <EMAIL REMOVED>
[mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Shawn Bridges
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 11:50 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] PDF size and alternate link?
My question relates to how a PDF link be best rendered on a web page to make
it truly accessible. Should I list the PDF with a size and alternative link
for downloading the reader?
What works with JAWS and a text reader?