E-mail List Archives
Re: jQuery Calendar Control
From: Bryan Garaventa
Date: Apr 30, 2013 3:53PM
- Next message: Angela French: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- Previous message: Angela French: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- Next message in Thread: Angela French: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- Previous message in Thread: Angela French: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- View all messages in this Thread
The IMG that is used as the triggering element is not keyboard accessible,
and doesn't have a textual equivalent for screen reader users, which is why
it's not being recognized.
If it helps, you can see an example of a keyboard accessible implementation
On the Calendar tab.
If you make it an image link, it will work better.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Gamble" < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
To: < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:28 PM
Subject: [WebAIM] jQuery Calendar Control
> Hello All,
> I've created a form that has a field for inputting a date of birth. I'm
> using the jQuery Datepicker, set to open when an icon to the right of the
> box is clicked. Otherwise a mask is used to restrict the formatting of
> the date to "mm/DD/yyyy".
> Here is a jsFiddle link: http://jsfiddle.net/GregS/YUWMc/embedded/result/
> Anyway, my question is .. does the mask or Datepicker inhibit those using
> a screen reader? Does it help? Is it even viewable?
> Greg Gamble
> SBCTC - Olympia | Information Services
> > >