E-mail List Archives
Re: jQuery Calendar Control
From: Angela French
Date: Apr 30, 2013 3:53PM
- Next message: Bryan Garaventa: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- Previous message: Don Mauck: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- Next message in Thread: Bryan Garaventa: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- Previous message in Thread: Don Mauck: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- View all messages in this Thread
Hi All. I work with Greg. I'd like to clarify the question a bit. If, when the user tabs to the birthday field, the datepicker displays automatically, does THAT become burdensome to screenreader users, or is it better to have a datepicker icon outside of the date field, but associated with it? How best to associate the datepicker with the datefield?
>From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto:webaim-forum-
> <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Greg Gamble
>Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:29 PM
>To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
>Subject: [WebAIM] jQuery Calendar Control
>I've created a form that has a field for inputting a date of birth. I'm using the
>jQuery Datepicker, set to open when an icon to the right of the box is clicked.
>Otherwise a mask is used to restrict the formatting of the date to
>Here is a jsFiddle link: http://jsfiddle.net/GregS/YUWMc/embedded/result/
>Anyway, my question is .. does the mask or Datepicker inhibit those using a
>screen reader? Does it help? Is it even viewable?
>SBCTC - Olympia | Information Services
>>>to <EMAIL REMOVED>