E-mail List Archives
Re: jQuery Calendar Control
From: Don Mauck
Date: Apr 30, 2013 3:48PM
- Next message: Angela French: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- Previous message: Patrick Burke: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- Next message in Thread: Angela French: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- Previous message in Thread: Patrick Burke: "Re: jQuery Calendar Control"
- View all messages in this Thread
While I can enter a date, it really isn't labeled correctly. You certainly can see the date, but we here date but the format is only noted by slashes. I'm glad I can look at it with a Braille display that made it easy. I think you need to have month, day and year clearly defined.
From: Greg Gamble [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:29 PM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] jQuery Calendar Control
I've created a form that has a field for inputting a date of birth. I'm using the jQuery Datepicker, set to open when an icon to the right of the box is clicked. Otherwise a mask is used to restrict the formatting of the date to "mm/DD/yyyy".
Here is a jsFiddle link: http://jsfiddle.net/GregS/YUWMc/embedded/result/
Anyway, my question is .. does the mask or Datepicker inhibit those using a screen reader? Does it help? Is it even viewable?
SBCTC - Olympia | Information Services