E-mail List Archives
Re: Null ALT in Office
From: Cliff Tyllick
Date: May 28, 2013 5:07PM
- Next message: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Null ALT in Office"
- Previous message: Karen Sorensen: "Null ALT in Office"
- Next message in Thread: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Null ALT in Office"
- Previous message in Thread: Karen Sorensen: "Null ALT in Office"
- View all messages in this Thread
Ooh—I meant to answer this last week!
The kludgy way to identify null alt in Office is " ". Enter double quote-space-double quote in the Description field of the Alt Text of the element and JAWS, at least, will ignore it.
Create a PDF, though, and you have an element with alt text of " ". You then have to select it and identify it as an artifact.