E-mail List Archives
Turbolinks / pushState
From: Chris Pearce
Date: May 31, 2013 10:11PM
- Next message: Steve Green: "Re: Turbolinks / pushState"
- Previous message: Elle: "Re: Null ALT in Office"
- Next message in Thread: Steve Green: "Re: Turbolinks / pushState"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
The website I'm working on will use Rails Turbolinks:
https://github.com/rails/turbolinks/. Which basically uses HTML5
pushState. So what this means is there's no page refresh just 1 state
between all pages, only the HTML body is being updated. This speeds
up the website but I'm worried about accessibility esp. how screen reader
users go with this setup. Only modern browsers support pushState with non-supporting
browsers falling back to normal behaviour i.e. page refreshes.
Be great to get some feedback from anyone who's used this and whether its accessible.
I can't test with NVDA yet as it hasn't been setup.
Sent from my iPhone