WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Making accessible online courses

for

Date: Aug 12, 2013 7:05PM

Hi Rachel, did you get any responses to your request? I would also be very interested in any information regarding the delivery of accessible teaching resources.
Thanks,
Jo

Jodie Hoger
Teacher Consultant (Vision), Equity Services TAFE NSW - Illawarra Institute Building L1.14,  60 Bienda St, Bomaderry, NSW, 2541
VOIP 54865
P 02 4421 9865
M 0437 035 042
F 02 4421 9804 
<EMAIL REMOVED>
www.illawarra.tafensw.edu.au
Proverb
Give a person a fish and they will have food for a day. Teach a person to fish and they will have food for life.

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Shuttlesworth, Rachel
Sent: Wednesday, 7 August 2013 2:39 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Cc: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Making accessible online courses

Hi there!

We are working on tutorials and workshops for our university faculty members on how to make their content in Blackboard Learn and other instructional tech tools accessible. I am not referring to the platforms themselves (we have to rely on the vendors for that), but their images, documents, videos, discussion posts, etc.

Do you know of any existing tutorials on this topic that we could look at to get ideas? I am also happy to share what we develop as soon as I can.

Best,
Rachel

Dr. Rachel S. Thompson
Director, Emerging Technology
Center for Instructional Technology
University of Alabama

On Aug 6, 2013, at 11:25 AM, "McMorland, Gabriel" < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:

> Please recommend blogging platforms that are fully screen reader accessible. I'm hoping that several fully accessible platforms exist, so that I can choose among them to best match my needs.
> > > list messages to <EMAIL REMOVED>
This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.