E-mail List Archives
Re: complex layout tables
From: Nathalie Sequeira
Date: Jan 29, 2014 1:58AM
- Next message: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: complex layout tables"
- Previous message: Olaf Drümmer: "Re: complex layout tables"
- Next message in Thread: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: complex layout tables"
- Previous message in Thread: Olaf Drümmer: "Re: complex layout tables"
- View all messages in this Thread
Am 29.01.2014 03:52, schrieb Karl Groves:
> In practice however, there are a couple of issues that tend to arise
In addition to what Karl already mentioned (and this applies to complex
or simple layout tables):
Layout tables are actually a HACK dating from the 1990's before the
advent of CSS to satisfy the desire to lay out HTML documents.
So it's kind of like still wanting to use a floppy disk to store data or
going down to the river with a scrubbing board to wash your clothes.
To my mind the major issue with layout tables is the mixup of
presentation and content.
This, apart from stumbling blocks it may present to assistive
technology, creates problems when a site is viewed on different devices
(try making a design that uses layout tables responsive?)