E-mail List Archives
Making intranet sites accessible
From: O'Rourke, John
Date: Jan 30, 2003 12:07PM
- Next message: Royalty, James: "RE: Code samples of XML/XSL "
- Previous message: Kynn Bartlett: "Re: Making Intranets accessible"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
I should expand on one very valid point that Kyn offered to you. One of
many I should add.
I'm employed by a division of our company called the Keymind Division
which is essentially our IT division. When we made our Intranet site
accessible for clients and partner companies, we received an interesting
reaction. Why are your sites so easy to navigate? Why are they so
clear as opposed to others?
On these sites we never defined anything remotely related to
accessibility, just put it out there. If you go top down through a
company and show rather than explain the why and how of accessibility,
You will win friends even among the most ardent opponents of