WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Regarding Section 508 discussion

for

Date: Feb 9, 2015 11:14AM

I don't think that Katie is being protective of the access board so much as indicating that the _current_ source of the delay is OMB. I agree that the Access Board has not moved as quickly as possible (the TEITAC committee started its work in 2006) and certainly agree that when there is a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that people should feel free to comment on it.

If you're interested in getting the new 508 moving I suspect that it wouldn't hurt to have your legislators inquire with the OMB.

Next update comes at the next board meeting: http://www.access-board.gov/board-meetings/eventdetail/26/-/board-meeting

AWK
-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Karen Sorensen
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2015 12:45 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] Regarding Section 508 discussion

Thank you Karen and Bevi! I'm not sure why Katie is so protective of the US Access Board. Like any legislation, those who it will be applicable to should scrutinize it closely, ask questions and provide feedback. This listserv is lucky to have such knowledgeable people participate in it. If we don't question this direction of the US Access Board, who will? Now who do we write to on the US Access Board? Or should we write our legislators?
Maybe Bevi or Karen would be willing to post a draft that we could all edit or just add our names to?
My 2 cents.

Karen M. Sorensen
Accessibility Advocate for Online Courses www.pcc.edu/access Portland Community College
971-722-4720
*"The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect."* Tim Berners-Lee