WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: mobile accessibility

for

Date: Jul 6, 2015 1:51PM

Hi Donna, yes, SSB BART Group is a leading organization that guides other organizations in making their digital content accessible to people with disabilities. I work for SSB and I'd be happy to discuss any specific questions you may have -- my email is in the signature below this message. In regards to the email you mentioned -- SSB recently partnered with IBM® to create a mobile accessibility checker to assist developers in finding and correcting accessibility issues for native iOS and Android apps. Our mobile solution can also test pages from Cordova (e.g. Worklight and PhonGap) hybrid apps but it does need to be initiated from within the development environment such as xCode (iOS) or Eclipse (Android). Once initiated the testing can occur on a physical device or within a mobile simulator.

Best Regards,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
SSB BART Group
<EMAIL REMOVED>

703-637-8957 (o)
Follow us: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Blog | Newsletter

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Donna Jones
Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2015 12:01 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] mobile accessibility

hi all: i got an email that may be spam, but it looks rather legitimate. its saying there is a, well, here's the subject line:
Mobile Accessibility: There's an App for That" and its from someone named Cindy Quach at ssbbartgroup.com. they are offering a free Webinar. Does anyone know anything about this group?

and, further, what about mobile accessibility anyhoo?? i tried searching emails from this group and i didn't very far. any clues about how to start thinking about mobile and accessibility?

all the best and thanks
Donna

--
Donna Jones
94 Park Avenue, #3
Portland, ME 04101
(new address as of summer 2013)

207 772 0266
http://westendwebs.com/

The inability to pronounce a chemical ingredient is not an argument against it.